Friday, August 14, 2009

TACO TRUCKS

Suffice it to say, over the past three years of being on this adventure in trucking, that I have had to travel outside of my comfort zone. These areas include, but are not limited to, places I conduct my personal hygiene, parts of cities that would have never been on my places to see, and then there are the taco trucks that I have eaten off of.

It was our first year of trucking that we happened upon one near our yard in Bloomington, CA. We were looking for a quick snack at the time, and when Craig saw the taco truck pull up, he rushed into action and soon returned to our truck with some tasty nuggets of meat and spices tucked into a soft tortilla. From that moment on, I was willing to go where I had never gone before.........in search of reliving that delectable moment.

We have had the pleasure of sampling some of the Taco Truck's other staples while at the yard. So yesterday, when we found ourselves with some time on our hands around lunch time, waiting until our appointment time for our next load., we decided to treat ourselves when the taco truck showed up.

How sad for us and our stomachs, when the time came for us to leave, and the taco truck had not shown up. With growling stomachs we headed off to the Shipper with our dreams shattered of having a delicious morsel of hand made goodness to satisfy our appetites. We continued to think about it, and Craig was even hoping that it would be there for dinner, but I scoffed at his wishes, saying that I had only seen it at the yard around breakfast and lunch time.

But wouldn't you know it, as Craig patiently sat in the front sit of the truck, longingly looking out the window for the taco truck, I was in the back of the truck on the computer, smugly thinking to myself, that he was wasting his time. And then the taco truck showed up . We felt as if we had won the lottery, and I was silently thanking myself for not ridiculing Craig for his unfailing faith in the taco truck showing up.. That darn burrito was so much better tasting than my words would have been, hot sauce or not.......

3 comments:

The Daily Rant said...

Why wait? Isn't there a taco truck on every corner in California? lol

Anonymous said...

Greetings - is this Diane Enzminger? This is Joan from Sacramento (formerly Moore, Bosia is my maiden name). I have been in Sacramento working at the CHP Academy since 1990—I have been with CHP over 25 years. I came across your blog after an acquaintance of mine asked if I knew this former dispatcher from Modesto who wrote about her travels and adventures in trucking. I took a peek and saw your photo and thought, Wow, this has to be Diane. Bravo, madam on your life changes and happiness! Craig seems like a great guy, I am happy for you. You have probably been to the truck stop at I-80 and El Camino near West Sac, the Academy is west of there off the Reed Avenue Exit.

In a quick synopsis, I am doing fine and enjoy a happy quiet life with my family of birds! My life companion is a Pigeon named Percy (he is 13 now). I still get to Escalon and Modesto periodically, my roots run deep into the almond and walnut orchards.

I know it has been a long time, but if you would like to say hello, my email is jbosia@peoplepc.com. Would be great to hear from you. I have been reading your stories and have been inspired.

Best regards,
Joan

rosemary said...

I hope Craig didn't rub it in even a little bit. We had a Taco Truck at the last hospital i worked at....yummiest Mexican food for miles around.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin