Thursday, August 13, 2009


**Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in abducted hostages, in which the hostage shows signs of loyalty to the hostage-taker

Guess where we were from 11:30pm Tuesday night to 8:30pm Wednesday night??? Still looking at the entry gate to the previously talked about Receiver. Does this look familiar?

I was beginning to feel, no strike that, I did feel like I had been taken hostage, and believe me now, when I tell you this, unlike my compadres in Stockholm, I felt absolutely no loyalty to my captors. I know a lot of it had to do with lack of sleep, and I must confess my compulsive disorder that made me play bingo for 14 hours straight on the computer, certainly didn't help the situation. If felt as though we would never leave and when we finally did, I was too tired to even care.

But we did manage to get an 8 hour break in before we had to make our second delivery on this ill fated load. As I have mentioned before, I am a bit of a control freak, and when things are not going as I would like them to go, let's just say my intestines like to join in on the fun. So this morning, heading to our second drop and a location we have not been before, it causes me a bit of anxiety, so think to yourself just how smart Craig was to wait until we safely arrived at the Receiver, before telling me the reefer had showed an error message about 15 minutes earlier and was not working.

A frozen load, a warm California morning, reefer not working, and no signs of anyone in any big hurry to unload us. Cue the intestines to start doing the somersaults and you have an idea of how this load continued to be a pain in my, well........, I think you get the idea. Craig made the mandatory call into the Service Department, and reported the problem, and let them know we were at the Receiver, but that the reefer wasn't working. They were happy to just have us take it to the yard when finished, but Craig, ever the resourceful sort, took matters into his own hands.

First Craig checked all the controls on the panel, and then did as one highly paid computer tech told me when I asked him about computer problems......."Unplug the thing, plug it back it and reboot it. It'll work every time". And wouldn't you know it, the reefer started right up!

I'm happy to report that we are finally done with that load and are the proud recipients of a new assignment. We are picking up Dial Soap at a distribution center in Ontario, CA and will have a nice drive up to Grandview, WA with it for a Sunday morning delivery. Let's hope we have clear sailing for this one, my insides could use a break.


Anonymous said...

would't you know it and they cut your dention pay by also. They should charge the receiver another 10%

CRAIG and DIANE said...

We can't complain, they ended up giving us 17 hours of detention for the loading and unloading of this load, plus layover pay for the day sitting there. I got to say, our Company does take care of us.

Anonymous said...

Easy money just fustrating I guess


Blog Widget by LinkWithin