Friday, May 01, 2009

THE DAILY GRIND

Over three years ago, the daily grind used to mean traveling to work and counting the hours until I was done. The daily grind now?? My morning coffee! How great is my life these days? I get to pick and choose what I want, and do not want to do, and I have all day long and night to decide. I really am living a dream, and with a huge "thanks" to my husband, who showed me that sometimes doing what you would never expect to do, can sometimes bring so much joy into your life. As Craig and Don travel the roads, I get to take in the absolute beauty of where we live. I still have to pinch myself to realize it really is true. Yesterday, while driving to the post office in town, I saw a herd of elk, grazing in a pasture. I took in the mountains, the river, the lush greenery of the pine trees that surround me everywhere I look. And the fresh air of the cool, crisp mornings? To die for. But enough about me. "The Boys", as I will refer to them now, are on their journey north. The plan is to stay at the Company drop yard in Pacific, WA tonight, (if there is room), and stage a mere 7 miles from their delivery in the morning at the Fred Meyer DC in Pullaylup. If by chance they do get a run into Spokane, and the timing of the load/delivery works out, I will be taking a little road trip to visit with my favorite truck driver. If it doesn't work out, they have put in for home time in two weeks. Until then, I think I'll take my sun brewed iced tea out onto my sunny porch and enjoy the scenery.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Livin' the life, Diane! Livin' the life! As always, beautiful pictures and good to hear about your continuing adventure.
ttyl,
TheHilmarKid

Mark Krusen said...

Sun brewed iced tea. Mmmm. That does sound good. Now where did I put that sun?

Mom said...

Looks beautiful. sounds peaceful. enjoy each moment.

adozeneggs said...

Everything looks incredible.
And a herd of elk, how cool!!

rosemary said...

It is a good life, Diane. We are so lucky to be living in God's country (I know, everyone thinks that but we know it, right?)

Unknown said...

I do know it, and appreciate it every day. I have been given a true gift, not only to live in such a beautiful place, but to be given the opportunity to be able to spend so much time here.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin