Monday, July 19, 2010

HAPPY TO BE REUNITED AGAIN

I can't begin to tell you how great it feels to be back in the truck. No, really, it literally FEELS great. The A/C is on full blast and I think my body core temperature is back to normal, as my toes were going numb from the coldness about three hours after being in the truck. Can we just take a vote and do away Summer? I'd be more than happy to start Fall the end of May!

Craig picked up his loaded trailer around 7am Sunday morning, and headed to the company yard in French Camp where he would be picking me up. I was waiting patiently in the sweltering heat, with my Mom and my Cousin, when Craig pulled into the yard around 10am. We quickly loaded my personal effects and we were happily reunited in the truck once again. All is right with the world again, or at least in our little world.

There was a bit of a surprise when Craig did pick up the trailer in Salinas, CA at Fresh Express. They had snuck in a third stop which was not on the original dispatch. Had the trailer not been ready when it was, I doubt we would have been able to make the deliveries within the time constraints we had. As it stands now, if all works as we have planned, we should be able to make all three appointments and not violate any of the hours of service rules.

The down side of this assignment? We were up and driving at 3am this morning, and with our first appointment Tuesday morning at 1am, we will have an even earlier starting time tonight as we will be staged about 50 miles away from our first delivery. Oh well, back to the night driving schedule again.

Craig is also picking up more and more info on the new electronic log system that was recently installed in the truck. I had a short lesson and quickly picked up on how to do the daily entries, and how to retrieve the assignment information. So far, neither one of us has any complaints, and will be investing some time to review all the training videos we can, before the system gets turned on for good in two weeks.

1 comment:

all things bradbury said...

glad to hear you're back on the truck, and cool!!!!.....i'm with ya on doin away with this heat.....i hate to sweat!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin