Tuesday, March 02, 2010

TIME TO BOOGIE AGAIN

It was nice while it lasted. Oh sure, Craig sent in a message to the weekend dispatcher, nicely asking for him to not swap out their load, so that he would have some extra time to work with Eric a bit more on his backing skills. After all, he only has one more week before he takes his test, and leave them alone he did. While everyone else they ran into were swapping loads and running non stop, I know they enjoyed the slower pace, but like I mentioned, it didn't last long.

While leisurely driving north towards the Seattle area yesterday, the QualComm started beeping with a pre plan. As soon as they go empty in Puyallup, WA this morning, they are to head to Clackamas, OR to the Fred Meyer DC and drop their empty trailer, hook up with a loaded trailer, and boogie down to greater Phoenix, AZ area for multiple drops to local Fry Stores. Yes, let's hope they enjoyed that slow run, because this new run of 1500 miles will have to be accomplished in about 30 hours of non stop driving as they begin their deliveries tomorrow starting at noon.

I think Craig will actually be looking forward to those two days of recertification classes he is scheduled to attend starting next Tuesday. Then we can start the countdown to a week of vacation for Craig and for when I pack up from my Mom's house and head back home. In just a little over a month I'll be back in the truck again, and I can hardly wait. It seems like it has been forever since I've occupied that passenger seat!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin