Monday, February 22, 2010

WHAT DAY IS THIS? WHERE ARE YOU?

I couldn't believe it, I was so convinced when Craig called this morning, that he was in Long Beach, CA waiting to get unloaded, that it took a couple of minutes of Craig asking me what I was talking about, to finally realize that they had just left Pasco, WA early this morning. If I'm this confused, I can only imagine that they have been reduced to literally looking outside the window of the cab to figure out where they are when they wake up.

In hindsight, I was only one day ahead of the schedule that Craig had run by me on Saturday afternoon, but when I'm not in the truck, and going about the daily routine at my Mom's house, it was easy for me to skip over a day and assume they were done with their last marathon run and hopefully getting a afternoon of rest. Instead they still have 15 more hours of driving out of the 20 they had planned for today between the two of them.

It's looking like Craig will be training Eric for about two more weeks, and then he is scheduled to be routed into Spokane, WA where Eric will take his exams to see if he will get assigned his own truck, and Craig is scheduled to attend a couple of recertification classes. We'll have to wait and see if Craig goes back out by himself or with some additional training needed for Eric.

In either case, I'm still scheduled to stay in Modesto until the 1st of April, where I will then pick up my best friend Cori and her two children in the San Francisco Bay area and drive them home to Walla Walla, WA and then swing by and pick up Craig at the company yard when he takes a week off that first week of April. We haven't been home since November and we are so ready to get back home and spend some time together!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin