Wednesday, April 07, 2010

SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE

I could just hear Gomer Pyle exclaiming......"Surprise, Surprise, Surprise", when I received the phone call from Craig Monday afternoon saying he would be starting his vacation about 4 days early. I had just settled in at my friend Cori's guest cottage, and we were already planning a week full of activities, when Craig's phone call put a halt to those plans. But no worries, we quickly went into Plan B mode and planned a couple of weeks together toward the end of May. I know Craig won't mind, as we plan on going to the Farm Chicks Antique Show in Spokane on June 5th, and I have it on good authority, that Craig would rather watch paint dry than go to that show.Craig had dropped his load of bananas in Clackamas Monday morning, and was given a load out of Chehalis, WA for 9pm that evening. The load would have two drops, the first in Spokane, and the second in Coeur d'Alene, ID. He had casually asked if they were planning on him starting his vacation early since he would be in the area and was surprised to hear "yes", but I'm sure not as surprised as I was when he told me the news. Thankfully, I had gone and had my hair cut earlier in the morning, so I was set to head to the company yard when he could give me a time, and we could coordinate our arrivals. Tuesday morning, after a night of driving and completing his two deliveries, Craig called to say that he should be at the yard by 11am, and since I was a good two hours away, I quickly packed up and hit the road. By 1pm, we had loaded up the pickup and were headed home for the first time in over 4 months. It sure felt good, and it didn't take long for us to unload the pickup and sit back and relax. I don't know if we will venture out at all this week or not, I'll leave that up to Craig, but my money is on him itching to get out and about after a few days of relaxation at home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you are back at "home" for some much needed down time and rest. Relax and just enjoy!

I'll look forward to our next get together--sure will miss Real Deals tomorrow though.

xoxo
Cori

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin