Wednesday, November 18, 2009

LET THE SPOILING BEGIN

Craig finally made it home last night. I had started my trek into Spokane around 3pm, with the thought of doing a little window shopping to bide my time until Craig arrived. He and Charles had received a load assignment out of the Fred Meyer DC in Puyallup, WA and with a loaded trailer, they were on their way to Spokane by 12:30pm. My mind was doing the calculations, 270 miles, 60mph, a fuel stop, and then travel time through town to their delivery destination, and I thought I had it figured out. So knowing that Craig would be hungry, I timed my shopping, then did a quick stop by the Taco Bell for a hot burrito to surprise Craig when he arrived at the store for his delivery with not only me, but food too! Thirty minutes past when I thought he would be there, I get a phone call from Craig asking where I was. He was expecting me at the yard waiting where I told him I would probably be. I said, "Never mind where I am, where are you"?, to which Craig said, "the yard". Having watched with eagle eyes for the arrival at the store, after all, how hard is it to miss a semi truck with a 53 foot trailer, I asked a stupid question knowing full well what the answer would be, but I forged ahead with it anyway....."Did you do your delivery already"? To which he of course said, "No, I'm at the yard dropping Charles off". Well darn, so much for the surprise at the store. I quickly told him I was waiting for him at his delivery site with a now warm burrito, and he said he'd be there shortly. Seems they ran into a bit of snow over Snoqualmie Pass on their way to Spokane, and since Charles was driving back home to Seattle for his home time, he wanted to get on the road before it got too bad. Twenty minutes later, Craig shows up, I hop into the truck, deliver a kiss, hug, and the all important burrito, and we go arrived and wait for the unloading to begin.

An hour later with the trailer empty, and me in our pickup leading the way, we headed back to the yard to drop the trailer and unload the truck. By 10pm we are finally home and tucked warmly into bed getting a good night's sleep. Craig was treated this morning with a hot mocha and a hearty breakfast, and now all that's left for him to do is sit back, and let the spoiling begin!

3 comments:

Barb said...

That man of yours is truely spoiled. I bet he deserves it too. I am happy for you both to be together again. Enjoy the rest time.

Jennie said...

Aw, that's great. I had a mocha today too. :) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW... outstanding!!! Emjoy you two. Denise

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin