Thursday, April 17, 2008

TIME TO STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES

This morning, I couldn't believe that it was Thursday and I have only been apart from Craig for 48 hours, it seems more like a week! But my time here has not been without it's joys, especially spending time with family and the chance for me to get out and walk aimlessly around town with my ipod full of my favorite music and just my thoughts to keep me company.

We all know the cliche', "Stop and Smell the Roses", is all about taking time to appreciate a particular situation or taking time to appreciate life. I've never ever been a fan of the rose, but when I saw these little flowers on my walk, stretching skyward to bask in the sun, it brought to mind that saying and I had to stop to admire and reflect.

As a child, walking home from elementary school, I would stop by these same flower beds, and with my little chubby hands, pinch off a few flowers to present to my Mother when I got home. With the warm glow of sweet memories to fuel me forward on my walk, I decided to embrace this time apart from Craig and make the most of it reconnecting with friends and family.

Speaking of Craig, when he left Tuesday morning, he was sent to Roseburg, OR to pick up two boats and take them to Kent, WA. I was relieved, as we have been this route several times, and Craig would have no difficulty with getting in and out with the delivery. As of this morning, he had dropped off the boats and was headed to Moses Lake, WA to pick up a Genie to deliver to Chattanooga,TN. If our calculations are correct he will drop and most likely be sent to pick up boats in Vonore or Knoxville, TN and be headed back west to complete his transfer request.

We are both looking forward to the transfer to TWT and getting to experience yet another side of the trucking industry and some new material for me to write about. My hope is that by the week of the 5th of May, I'll be making plans for my return to the truck. Until then, you'll find me enjoying my special time here in Modesto, CA, taking time to stop and smell the roses.

3 comments:

rosemary said...

Those look like a daisy of some sort...my step-daughter calls them freeway flowers...they were planted all along the freeways in so. cal. when she was a kid. Where do you get your optimism, Diane? You are able to adjust, make the best of bad situations and live your life to the very fullest...I needed you a long time ago as a guide.

Mom said...

Sounds like you are making the best of your time.it is good to spend time with friends and family. They love you too. It won't be long till you're on the rad again.

Jennie said...

Love daisies...the only flowers around here at the moment are tulips and azaleas. There's a pretty purple azalea right out my window here and you made me stop and appreciate it! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin