Tuesday, April 22, 2008

NEW LOAD - NEXT DESTINATION

I tried folks, seriously, I even begged, "Send me something, anything to put on the blog or write about", and what I got back was....."Just drove, nothing interesting", from Craig. Now how can I find something just about everyday to write about while on those same roads, but he sees nothing? I'm going to have to revert back to those little voices in my head to help me out here.

I did receive a phone call this afternoon. Craig had safely delivered the Genie in Chattanooga, TN and had ventured down into the Petro in Knoxville for the day. On his computer was a dispatch to Vonore, TN to pick up a load of boats, going to Corona and Sacramento, CA and then Lake Tahoe, NV. When he had called to let the Sea Ray boat plant know he would be there Wednesday, they informed him the boats weren't quite ready yet, but if he moseyed on in about mid morning, they would be sure to have them ready for him.

This is a sweet run, for what we believe will be his last boat delivery before the transfer to TWT. I'm a bit melancholy knowing that I will not be able to enjoy this last run on the Marine Division with him, but with the routing to Sacramento, we will at least be able to meet and get reacquainted, before he continues on his way to Nevada.

I do have to admit that I am glad I didn't have to suffer through the heat and humidity in Tennessee that Craig is having right now. And he's probably happy he doesn't have to witness my hair growing three times the size it normally is. It's probably not so much my hair, as watching me trying to tame it all day long and muttering under my breath about the weather.

That's all I got for today, even the voices in my head are quiet, go figure. The one time I need them to help me out and they are like cockroaches scurrying away when the lights go on. I guess I'm just so gosh darn relaxed here, that even they have gone into hibernation. So, I'll keep asking/begging/pleading to Craig for material to write about, and hopefully in the next couple of days I just may have something to talk about.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Since Craig has no stories to share, how about telling us some of your adventures at home.What's going on with you?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin