Wednesday, May 04, 2011

TRYING TO PREPARE FOR THE FARM CHICKS ANTIQUE SHOW

                         
After spending the last two weeks of April in California visiting with my Mom and Nieces, I knew it would mean when I got back to Walla Walla, that there would be a lot of work to do in order to get ready for the "Farm Chicks Antique Show" the first weekend in June.  Working is exactly what Cori and I have been doing the last few days, not that we haven't been prepping for this show since we learned we were accepted as vendors back in late December 2010.
All you have to do is take a look at our storage space to know that we have got quite a bit of inventory to take to Spokane for the show.  It has taken us a couple of days to just price it, and we still have another day's worth of pricing yet to do.  That doesn't even take into account the supply of candles, mason jar soap dispensers, and home made laundry soap we have to finish up, label and price.  Sometimes, I think both Cori and I ask ourselves, what we have gotten ourselves into, but we know without a doubt, no matter the outcome, it is going to be a great experience for us.
I started on a project today that I have been wanting to do for some time.  We have an old door, and I wanted to paint a harlequin pattern on it.  Well this morning I took it to task, and started trying to pencil out the pattern on the door.  It didn't take long before I had to call in the reinforcements, and a phone call was placed into Craig, who in a matter of seconds, gave me the math equation to perfectly space out my diamond pattern on the door and start my painting.  I'll have some photos to post of the progress of the project in the next few days.
 After a half day of work on Thursday in Walla Walla, I'll be heading up to Spokane to pick up Craig for a few days of home time.  He is graciously going to use a week of his vacation for his next home time, the first week of June, to help Cori and I load up our inventory, and head to the "big show".  Both Cori and I are very thankful not only for the help that our husbands will be giving us that weekend, but the support they have given us over the past 5 months as we work towards one of the biggest events of our little business history.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin