Friday, May 06, 2011

REMEMBER THIS CHAIR?

Does this flashback to the 70's upholstered chair ring a bell with you?  I blogged about it when I snagged it at the church sale a few months ago for only seven dollars.  I fell in love with it then, and I'm head over heals in love with it now. 
 Before I left for California, I shipped her off to be recovered.  She returned to me this week just in time to load her into the pickup and take her home with us this morning.  I'm happy to report that I'm sitting it the chair as I type this entry now, and if I do say so myself, I think she fits perfectly into our little house.
As easily as the whole process was of getting it recovered, I'm now going to be on the lookout for another great deal on an old chair with "good bones". 
Speaking of something with  good bones, check out this old Stanley thermos Ruth Ann from All Things Bradbury sent to me and was waiting at the Post Office when we drove home.  Ruth Ann was a sweetheart to send it to me, and knows how passionate I am about all things vintage.  She also knows exactly what I have planned for it to give it a new lease on life.  The rest of you will have to wait to see the final outcome in the very near future.

4 comments:

Linda said...

love the fabric and the chair too.

all things bradbury said...

the chair turned out great! my mom had her own upholstry shop & i believe she would also say it was a great job.....thanks for the kind words about the thermos...can't wait to see it after you work your magic on it!

Anonymous said...

The chair is FABULOUS!!! Fabric - OUTSTANDING!!!
Nuf said...oh wait... I love it!!!!!
Denise

adozeneggs said...

OH, that fabric is beyond gorgeous!! You did such a fantastic job. So rich and luxurious looking!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin