Sunday, May 22, 2011

SOME GREAT FINDS AT THE CHURCH SALE

I wasn't planning on going to the Church Sale this morning, as neither Cori or I have paid them a visit in quite a few weeks, as we have been busy trying to finish up all the incomplete projects we have sitting around.  But as I made my way to the Home Depot to pick up some paint for some side chairs, the pickup just naturally veered towards the parking lot of the Church, and I very happy that it did.
Immediately I spotted the old rustic chair, for only $2.00 and the metal canister, which I was told was used previously to carry the cream from the whole milk from the diary.  Don't know if it's true or not, but I do know it will look great holding some vintage croquet mallets and some walking sticks we will be selling at Farm Chicks.
My next great find was the suitcase.  It was shoved under a shelving unit, and pushed all the way back to the wall.  What first caught my attention was the great color, and when I pulled it out, found it to be made of metal instead of leather.  The inside is in great condition, and it even had an old airline tag still attached to it!
Once inside the main warehouse, I snagged the old metal lunch pail,  the two old thermos', and the two large frames.  All in all it was a great thirty minutes spent collecting some great finds that will no doubt make someone else's heart skip a beat when they see them in two weeks in Spokane.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin