Sunday, September 12, 2010

ENJOYING TWO DAYS OF REST

Craig and Roy finished up their four deliveries Saturday morning well ahead of schedule, and were ready to vacate the truck and start some days off by 10am.  I thought I had left the house early enough to coincide with their arrival, but with their super fast unloads, Craig ended up waiting about 30 minutes for me to come pick him up.   I was so happy to be reunited after four long weeks, but not so much for the big bag of dirty laundry that came along with the reunion.  But I'll put up with dirty laundry for exchange of a couple of days spent with Craig.

It didn't take long for the spoiling to begin.  After taking care of the laundry issue, I went about preparing a dinner of grilled sirloin steak, baked Yukon potatoes with bacon and cheese, coleslaw with home made dressing, and garlic bread.  A nice bottle of wine topped off the evening.

Today I'm hoping that all the spoiling will be paid off, by Craig installing a new ceiling light in the living room and two wall scones in the bedroom.  I may push my luck by asking to have a roman shade installed, but that may take the tempting of some home made fudge which is cooling as we speak.  Needless to say, we will enjoy a couple more tasty meals before we both pack up, Craig to go back out on the road and finish up training Roy, and as for myself?  After dropping off Craig Tuesday morning in Spokane, I'll make my way south to Walla Walla, where no doubt you will be treated to several posts of projects that my BFF Cori and I have on our list of things to do.

3 comments:

Pat said...

We got to get you back in the truck. But, I'm sure Cori will enjoy your company.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

May I use part of the information from this blog post right above if I provide a link back to this website?

Thanks,
James

Unknown said...

James

Have no idea what was of real interest in this blog post, but I have no issue with you using it and linking back.

Diane

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin