Friday, June 29, 2007

YOU THINK YOU'RE HAVING A BAD DAY?


I have never been so happy as I was this morning to finally deliver these two boats in Burnaby, BC. From day one, with us having to drive at midnight to get to the boat plant early in the morning for loading, to the loading fiasco that kept us there for 8 hours, to the reading of permits and faxing paperwork to Brokers, lets just say I'm glad it's over. This was one trip that did not feel like we were on vacation, but put us back into a work mode to make sure we were doing everything legally and by the book.



On our way through Washington State, near North Bend, we started hearing chatter on the CB of a traffic slow down up ahead. I have to give kudos out to the four wheelers driving in this area of the country. There were signs about 4 miles preceding the slow down that the two right lanes were closed. Like obedient little soldiers, everyone started merging over into the far left lane. There were a few rebellious ones, probably from California, who cruised up to the actual merge point and then tried to nose their way in, but for the most part, it was one of the most organized mergings I have ever witnessed.

Then we come upon this. If I ever think we are having a bad day, I will remember this scene. I hope the good Lord blesses us so that we never have to be involved in anything like this driver. Upside is, the driver was unharmed, but the damage to the tractor, trailer, and the big crane he was hauling, well, I wouldn't even want to think about that.

As we slowly drove past this scene of destruction, I realized, no matter the obstacles that were put in front of us this past week, we are still living a dream, so please be quiet as you exit our blog, we don't want to wake up yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin