Monday, June 04, 2007

I REMEMBER

I remember when I used to count the days at work until days off, then count the days off, dreading having to go back to work.

Now, most days I don't even know what day of the week it is or care......everyday is a Saturday

I remember when I needed to have my life planned out for months ahead of time.

Now, if plans change, I welcome the challenge and the fun of trying something new.

I remember when having roots and a house were the most important thing to me.

Now, I love having the freedom to live wherever and how ever long I want to.

I remember one year ago today, when I boarded a plane in Sacramento, with everything I owned in a large suitcase and flew to to Minnesota, took a cab from the airport, to a little truck stop in Hudson, Wisconsin and waited for Craig to pick me up and start this amazing journey we have been on. During this past year, I have been to all but 2 of the lower 48 States, driven through 7 Canadian Provinces, including that trip to Yellowknife, across the frozen lake, 300 miles off the Arctic Circle. I have been on major Interstates and small country back roads, seen big cities and little towns. I've fallen in love with a handful of States that I would like to call "home" one day. Most importantly, I stepped out of my comfort zone, and found that now, I do not fear the unknown. I shared experiences, some good, some bad, and now looking back, some funny, with my husband Craig, and all of them have made us closer, loving each other more, and appreciative of the talents each of us brought to this relationship and this exciting journey we are on.

Most importantly, I remember all my family and friends, for you have never left my heart, where you all reside each and everyday.

4 comments:

RickLynn said...

Congratulations Diane on reaching a year on the truck with Craig. Belinda and I are really looking forward to the day we end up in the same truck stop and find ya'll one day. We feel like we already know you two. I just found out that we both responded via email to your comment about Modesto, hehehe.
We're sitting in Tracy for 2 drop load to SLC and then on to Denver. Maybe we'll catch up soon.
Rick

rosemary said...

You and Craig are A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Happy First Year Anniversary. Can I be in the upper right piece of your heart where Sandpoint lives?

Unknown said...

Rick & Belinda -

We'll be looking forward to meeting you both too real soon!

Rosemary -

You got it, anything for my neighbor in waiting

Anonymous said...

Wow Diane, I can't believe it's been a year already! I read your blog faithfully...sometimes disappointed when a day or 2 has gone by with no update! I am so happy for you...and so envious too, but only in a good way :) I would love to live the life you have...maybe someday!

Best of luck to you and Craig as you begin your second year on the road. Stay safe..and happy passengering!!!

Miss you!

Gina Hardesty

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin