Monday, June 11, 2007

HERE COMES THE BRIDES

The bluest sky you've ever seen, in Seattle.
And the hills the greenest green, in Seattle.
Like a beautiful child
Growing up, free and wild.
Full of hopes and full of fears,
Full of laughter, full of tears,
Full of dreams to last a year
In Seattle.
From 1968 to 1970, as a preadolescence girl, I was glued to the television set each Wednesday evening to watch "Here Comes the Brides". It was about the Bolt brothers, Jason, Joshua, and Jeremy, who bet their family mountain and logging business that they can bring one hundred marriageable women back to Seattle from New England and that the ladies would remain in Seattle for a year to find husbands and help settle the wild and woolly town. I loved this show, not only for giving me Bobby Sherman to watch every week and imagining myself as his love interest on the show, Candy Pruitt, but I'm sure it was what first attracted me to Washington State. As far back as I can remember I have been drawn to mountains, pine trees, and cloudy, overcast, rainy days. I am always glad when we are sent into Kent, WA to deliver boats. We get to drive through the Snoqualmie Pass and then right past Mercer Island and Lake Washington off the Puget Sound. The air is clean, the temperatures cool and everything is GREEN. We arrived at the dealership Sunday afternoon and found we were the first ones here. We had been told by a driver from another company hauling boats that one of his co-workers was headed to Kent as well.

So here we are in my favorite region of the country, relaxing and enjoying the bluest skies and greenest hills and dreaming once again of Bobby Sherman.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin