Sunday, June 24, 2012

A QUICK LITTLE UPDO

I love having fresh flowers in the house.  Did I tell you I'm actually managing to keep flowers alive in the flower beds and hanging baskets?  That is a first for me.  I'm even attempting to go a few vegetables in a bed next to our shed.  I'll let you know how that goes as the summer progresses.
Anyhoo......back to having fresh flowers in the house.  I bought this bouquet last week, and loved having a place to display them.  What I didn't like?   The vase in which you see the stems and water, because let's face it, after a day the water looks dirty, and I guess I'm just too lazy to change it every day so I came up with another idea.

I had some twine in my box of craft supplies, and decided to cover about 3/4 of the vase in the twine.  Liking the look, but thinking that it needed something more, I broke out my rubber stamps and went to town on it, reminiscent of the dresser that Cori and I had created last month.
I loved how it turned out, but to be honest, I wish I had stepped out of my comfort zone and went with a brighter, more fun color which I had staring me in the face the whole time I was working on this project but never used. (that's where having your BFF around would have been to my benefit, who is more daring in color choices than me) Even a combination of colors would have worked out well too!  Who knows, I may decide to do the whole thing over, it was that much fun to create.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin