Thursday, June 28, 2012

IT ONLY TOOK 4 YEARS

Craig and Justin have been dispatched to pick up chicken in Livingston, CA and deliver it into Denver, CO.  I can't help but send out prayers and positive thoughts to the people being effected by the fires in the Colorado Springs area.  Let's hope the fire can be contained as soon as possible with no loss of life.

This run into Colorado will be much easier, since they know the routine of where to drop and places to stay.  The miles aren't as good as the South Carolina run, but it's always nice to have a little change of pace every once in awhile.
I decided to tackle a project that has been on my list of things to do for four years.  Now of course, the majority of that time I have been on the truck, so I should be given some slack, but now that I am home for the next 6 months, I figured I better start completing some of those projects.
Since I found a solution to my skinny wall space, with the wood scrabble tiles, I decided to finish off the bathroom with a window treatment.  The small window, which is only 13 inches wide, has been covered by a paper shade for the past four years.  Granted the window is opaque and you can't see through it, but it still needed a little something to jazz it up.
I went to my old standby, burlap, and also bought some nice backing material.  Since I don't have a sewing machine, I went the easy route and bought fabric fusion tape to finish the edges and adhere the backing to the burlap.  Then I decided to go a little whimsicle, and do black polka dots on the burlap to tie in with the black scrabble tiles and picture frames.

Ataching a wood brace at the top, I screwed the treatment into the inside of the window frame and called it a job done.  In hindsight, I think I would have done the polka dots differently, but it was the only stencil I could find, and it does look better than the paper shade.  Like the vase I did earlier, there isn't much cost involved, so I may just do something different later on, now that I now how the mechanics of putting it together works.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin