Saturday, January 26, 2008

THE BUCKET LIST

We arrived in Pharr Friday midday, dropped off the trailer, and headed to the hotel. Having awoke at 0130 to make it there by noon, we were both tired and ready for some down time. We showered, did three loads of laundry, cut Craig's hair, had dinner, and tried to get some sleep. The beds at the hotel were extremely hard in the room we had and after a couple of hours of tossing and turning, Craig finally had to get dressed and sleep out in the truck in the parking lot. I remained, to toss and turn in the room, too tired to want to get up and dressed to go out to the truck. At about 0300 I gave up and watched TV, Craig came in about 3 hours later, refreshed and ready to take on the day.


We are doing a 34 hour reset of our hours so that we will have enough to get to Prince George no later than Friday. That means we will have to leave Pharr tonight at 10pm local time to get a start on the almost 3000 miles we have to travel to make our delivery. With time on our hands, we decided to replenish the food supplies at the local Wal-Mart, then have a delicious meal at the Texas Roadhouse. We then we to the local theater to take in the movie "The Bucket List".

When watching this movie you can become reflective on your own life, as the movie deals with things you would want to do in life, before you kick the bucket. Like see the Taj Mahal, or the Great Wall of China, do something special for a stranger, laugh until you cry....you get the picture. Two questions it also asks is.... at the end of your life, did you have joy in your life, and did you bring joy to other people's lives?

I know one thing, and that is before meeting Craig and going on this wonderful adventure, I thought I had lived. But having taken the risk, and gone outside my comfort zone, I have gained and lived so much more than I ever dreamed possible. Craig and I have our own list of what we still want to accomplish and do in the years to come, and God willing, and given the time, we will be able to complete our own "bucket list". Never let go of your dreams.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane!

I just have to say, reading your entry today made me smile! I love reading your blog and I actually look forward to it on most days, but having seen The Bucket List about a week ago, it just made me smile again today thinking about that movie. I just loved it, and it definately made me reflect also. Although I have to say, I couldn't leave the movie theater until everyone else did so I could wipe away all my tears in the dark!

Happy Driving and stay safe!
--Gina H.

Unknown said...

Great post,Diane. I would like to see that movie, maybe tonight when Teresa gets back from seeing the girls at college.

Anonymous said...

AFTER SEEING THE MOVIE I NOW KNOW WHY YOU PREFERE STARBUCKS COFFEE- DAD

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin