Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A PIECE OF THE PUZZLE


On my walk the other morning, I spotted it. It lay near the gutter, just at the edge of the roadway. How it got there I didn't know, but I knew there had to be someone looking for it. I think a lot of people look for it, but it remains elusive during their lifetime, and here I had found it. The missing piece of the puzzle. But to whose puzzle did it belong? I continued on my way not giving it much more thought until this morning.

Craig has started joining me on my morning walks and this morning, while on our way to a local coffee shack, we both spotted it. What were the odds that on a different route we would see yet another piece of a puzzle lying on the ground? Was it some type of omen, a sign of something? Back almost 7 years ago, when we first met, we had talked that it felt like we had found the missing piece of the puzzle. That together we felt complete. Those words ring as true today as they did back then. I think what that piece of puzzle represented to me was that our puzzle, our life, was going to be complete again.

Since the epidural, we have seen daily improvement, so much so, that Craig is back to his old self again. Antsy, impatient, and with total dislike to sit around and do nothing. Yes, my husband is back, and I couldn't be happier. The problem is going to be keeping him busy until the appointment with his primary doctor on the 17th to see if he can be released to go back to work. When he does, we are back out on the road again, and our puzzle is will once again be complete.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

I can hardly wait....I am so sick of being home.....I ride right along with you, you know.

Mom said...

Hooray. We're going to get to go on the road again.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin