Tuesday, October 09, 2007

THE ROLL OF THE DICE


One never knows what life will throw at you, and I'm not sure I would want to know. I have come to enjoy the occasional curve ball that has been thrown at us every once in awhile, it keeps you on your toes and constantly thinking. Which of course is what I do on my walks.....think. I've been seeing some odd things on my walk in the mornings such as the item pictured here. A die, its pair no where to be seen, just this one, all alone, towards the middle of the street. And then the thinking commences. How did this die end up where it was, and whose roll of the dice was it? Was the four a good number or bad? Never, ever getting answers to these questions in my head, I continued on my way, but not without trying to correlate this lonely die, in the middle of the road, with where Craig and I are with his medical condition.


The doctors have all said the epidural may not take care of his pain, that he may need a second or third procedure. We have seen improvement, but there is still pain in his left hip and calf. We put his recovery at about 85% right now, but is that good enough to be cleared to go back to work, or will he need more treatments? We are so very hopeful that he can return to work as quickly as he can, but we also are wise enough to know not to rush back before he is healed as completely as he can be. So with these questions lingering, we decided to take a day off and enjoy ourselves.


I had a dental appointment in Folsom, east of Sacramento on Monday, so we chose to stay overnight on the Delta King in Old Sacramento. We have stayed there several times before. It is an old paddle boat that was converted into a Hotel on the river in Old Town. There are several nice restaurants along the river to sit and relax and partake in some good food and good wine, which is exactly what we did.


It was a nice relaxing evening, and we both enjoyed the time away. We also stopped by Craig's previous place of employment so that he could catch up with some of his good friends from Nor-Cal Beverage. Today finds us back in Modesto and pondering again about our future. But I know, no matter what the roll of the dice may give us, we'll make the best of it, as we always have, together.

1 comment:

rosemary said...

Good for the get away...healing stuff those overnighters. I always wonder about the one shoe in the road.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin