Sunday, May 20, 2007

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT RESTING???


With the four correct boats on our trailer, we spent the night in the yard of the boat plant in Pipestone Thursday night. On Friday we made it into Fargo for our 34 hour rest period to reset Craig's driving hours. We took showers, did laundry, and I even made time to get a massage with a licensed therapist at a Chiropractor's office at the Petro truck stop we were staying at. Boy did I need that as I was quite relaxed when the sky started turning dark.

What the massage didn't prepare me for was the rain, wind, thunder and lightning that came next. There were constant flashes of lightning, but what got my complete attention, was the radio station we were listening to, telling us of a confirmed tornado sighting near Fargo. I had my eyes glued to the skies scanning left and right. To my left, total darkness, but to my right I could still see some night sky through the clouds. Since there was no mad dash of trucks leaving the parking lot, I felt a bit of ease, but not until the radio station gave the all clear about 20 minutes later.

After breakfast Saturday, we hit the local coffee shack for a cup of java and then wandered over to The Home Depot. Craig purchased a pneumatic impact wrench. When loading the boats still on trailers, to keep them from being to high, they remove the tires from the trailers. This new tool will make quick work of putting the tires back on the trailers after off loading them.

We took off on foot again and found a Best Buy and of course had to go in and check out the new TV shows on DVD. We decided on season 1 & 2 of Rescue Me. Craig also got a new game for his Playstation portable and I picked out a new program on CD to learn Italian.

Venturing further down the road we came upon a theater and thought we would catch a movie. We watched Fracture with Anthony Hopkins. We both give it an enthusiastic "thumbs up". After the movie we stopped by Johnny Carinos for some Italian food. Continuing with the Italian theme, we returned to the truck to watch "Good Fellows" on DVD.

With one more stop first thing this morning at the local Wal Mart to replenish supplies in the truck we will be back on the road. Thank goodness....... WHEW....we need some time to rest!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin