Monday, July 03, 2006

PURGATORY

So we might be exaggerating just a bit, but having 11 boats and 2 trailers removed from the boat trailer on a black asphalt parking lot in the middle of the day with 117 degree temperature was not our idea of fun. But any day doing what we are doing is still good times for us.

After the boats and trailers were unloaded we were told we would be having a lay over here in the Phoenix area and it was not music to our ears, but we made the best of it. We were told to get a hotel for Monday and Tuesday night. We welcomed the air conditioned room and guest laundry we could use.


Fourth of July we awoke and unhooked the trailer to take the truck down the road to my favorite place, Starbucks. It is so much more a treat to me now since I am not able to stop by one on any given corner in the city. Craig tried the new Tangerine Frappacino and said it was alright, but he still enjoys his Caramel Frappacino better.




In the same shopping center as the Starbucks, there was a large movie theatre which we were more than happy to sit in a cool theatre and watch a movie.


Craig let me choose the movie which he probably regrets now. I chose to see The Devil Wears Prada since I had just recently read the book. As I commented after seeing the DaVinci Code, I should always see the movie first, then read the book. They do tend to take liberty and deviate from the book quite a bit, but all in all, a pleasant movie to see.

We then enjoyed a little ice cream after the movie, after all it was a very hot day. A walk through Circut City to check about installing satellite TV on the truck and then Borders for me to load up on more books. I have become an avid reader again and am thoroughly enjoying it!

Back tracking just a bit, on our way into the Phoenix area on Saturday night we were greeted with a lighting storm. Try as I might, I could not capture the lighting on my camera, but I did enjoy taking some pictures of the cloud formations.



We will spend the rest of the Fourth of July relaxing at the hotel and wish that all our family and friends have a safe and happy holiday. We will be anxious to hear in the morning where our next adventure will take us, hopefully to a cooler climate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello...glad you guys are having so much fun. Next time you get within a three hour radius let us know....we will meet you! All of your grandchildren are here and I am sure you want to see them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin