Saturday, June 07, 2008

IT'S A TEST

The load of boxed frozen meat we picked up in Toppenish, WA is destined for Bakersfield, CA. When we saw that, we knew we had to test out one of the reasons we decided to switch over to the reefer division, that and the large grey patch of hair that was rapidly grower larger and larger as the days went by. I had to get to my hair dresser, and this was just the opportunity we needed.


Since the load doesn't deliver until Sunday at 2pm, we only drove about 3 hours Thursday night before shutting down at one of the rest areas on Highway 97 in Oregon. Waiting our mandatory 10 hours we set out again Friday with our sights set on Corning, CA. Along the way, the skies were clear and blue and we had a fantastic viewing of Mount Shasta. We also ran across several of our fellow drivers headed in the same direction.

After a good nights sleep, and a shower this morning, we headed off to my drop off location in Ripon, CA at the Love's Truck Stop. My Mother and Niece were there to pick me up and I said my goodbyes to Craig, knowing that unless our plan goes terribly awry, that he would be back to pick me up on Monday, maybe Tuesday at the latest.


As I write this, I have gotten rid of the grey, enjoyed a nice lunch with my Niece, and am looking forward to spending tomorrow with my Mom and treating her to a belated birthday manicure/pedicure and lunch. If this experiment goes well, there will be many more stops in my future with both my Mom and Craig's parents. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Mark Krusen said...

Great Idea, Little mini breaks will be refreshing and fun for all I'm sure. Good luck with your plan.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin