Saturday, August 25, 2007

YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE FRIENDS

But you got to have friends
The feeling's oh so strong
You got to have friends
To make that day last long
It's amazing how much a visit with one of your best friends will do to the spirit. After all we have been through, meeting up with my friend Cori, erased all the bad memories, and new pleasant ones were made to take me through whatever else lies ahead. It has been 5 months since we last saw each other while on vacation together with our husbands in Washington back in March. Much too long of a separation, but we made the most of it today. Craig even accompanied me on the drive into Fremont, and it was a nice change of scenery for both of us. I also think he liked showing off his newly acquired walking skills with the walker when it was time for his PT exercises. I have to say that each day we are slowly seeing some improvement.
.
I have a couple of more friends I will be meeting up with in the next couple of weeks, and Craig has some of his best pals at NorCal to hook up with as well. We might as well make the most of this down time and reconnect with those who mean so much to us, and offered so much support during our medical crisis. As the song says......."You've got to have friends", and I am happy to say, we have some of the best there ever were.

3 comments:

rosemary said...

So, that light at the end of the truck stop is getting brighter it seems.

RickLynn said...

Hi Guys,
I've been still reading your posts regular so keep it up. So sorry to hear about the recent ordeals and have been looking every day for some miricle recovery and see you guys back on the road.
Belinda and I ran up and down I-5 about a week and half ago and would have loved to tracked you down for a visit, but time just not allow on the recent runs. We'll still catch up with you one day I'm sure.
Gregg, you hurry up and get well and get back to this dream.

Rick n Beilinda

Anonymous said...

Di....I have been having my own issues with the workers comp and medical systems and can totally relate....I was so sad to talk to Denise and get the scoop and then read all about it...I wish Craig got speed in his recovery. The picture of you and Cori made me smile and think I miss your smiling faces..... ((((((hugs)))))
keep the faith, Ami

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin