Friday, August 17, 2007

RANDOM RANTS & THOUGHTS


I would give anything to be back out on the truck writing about life on the road and the places we see than what I have been writing about the last four weeks. I miss happily typing away about items of interest during our travels, my big always changing picture window to look out of, and I especially miss having a healthy pain free husband. That so many of you are still checking this site, gives me pleasure, and I hope you will continue and not lose interest. I promise we will have more adventures in the near future. I choose to keep a positive attitude even though it seems the forces of nature and the medical community are working against us.

I placed a few phone calls yesterday. The ones to the doctors office in Selma were not returned. I think they are tired of hearing from me. I looked up the phone number of the doctor in Fresno that we were referred to, to see if maybe they would talk to me and let me know what is going on. I of course, got an answering machine, and tried to, in the most civil of tones, explain our situation, and ask if possible to have a phone call to explain the process and how long we would have to wait to hear about even making an appointment. Around 5:30pm, I got the call, saying that before they would make an appointment, they had to reconfirm the authorization from the insurance company. Oh brother! How many confirmations do these people need? Of course, she called after 4pm for this second confirmation and no one was around to give it, which meant another day wasted waiting.

Remember how I used to complain about Customs? I'd give anything to be dealing with them instead of the medical community. Customs is kid's play compared to the paperwork, phone calls , and hoops we have had to jump through so far.

First thing this morning I called and left a message with the insurance people to confirm that they were to recontact the doctor in Fresno for the authorization. Then I went right down to the doctors office in Selma to deal with them in person. They had not heard from the doctor in Fresno yet, but I asked them to call and find out what the status was. Reluctantly they did this, and found out that they had in deed received their confirmation on the authorization and that they would be contacting us this afternoon to schedule an appointment.


It is now 3:30pm and we have yet to receive the phone call.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!!!
we clearly need a major overhaul on health care system in this country. Hang in there you two... we're still praying for this to be over...love ya! Denise

rosemary said...

It is really too bad you are having to deal with this. While it may seem like incompetence, it is the game. Sad.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin