Sunday, August 05, 2007

BEFORE & AFTER


If you don't think stress, lack of sleep, and worry doesn't effect your outer appearance, take a look, if you dare, at this photo. I always have felt like I am 25 years old, but honestly, these last two weeks have taken a toll I didn't want to admit until I really looked into the mirror. What I saw scared me. I knew I had to take the time to do something for me, and so I did. I ventured down to my stylist, who has been taking care of all my hair needs for the past 28 years. I trust this person, so when I called her and said I'm coming in, and that she could do whatever she wanted to my hair, she more than welcomed the challenge.


Craig, in his drug induced stupor even accompanied me along on this little adventure. Midway through doing my hair, she even gave Craig a proper haircut. This past year we bought a clipper and Craig, putting his own personal appearance in my hands, allowed me to attempt to keep his hair looking somewhat presentable. So three hours after we arrived, which was filled with many stories of our travels, I left the salon feeling once again like I just might be 25 years old again. After all, as they say, you're only as old as you feel, and today I can say I feel pretty darn good. I'm ready to take on this new week and get Craig onto the super highway of recovery, and actually, it was nice to write about something other than doctors and hospitals for a change.

1 comment:

Mom said...

A trip to the salon always makes a person feel better. I like the new look, but you looked pretty good in the before picture too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin