Thursday, August 16, 2007

FAX VS TELEPHONE VS SMOKE SIGNALS


What happened to the good old days when people actually talked to one another instead of relying on electronic devices to communicate? How hard is it for one doctor's office to pick up the phone, state they have a patient that needs a treatment their office can perform, and then set up an appointment? Instead, they only deal with one another by faxing. God forbid they should speak. So here is the situation, which to me, puts the patient in need of treatment even further within the whirlpool of medical paperwork and further delays getting the pain relief they need. Our doctor faxed Craig's medical info to a orthopedic surgeon in Fresno Wednesday morning. They informed me that they only deal with each other via fax, and that we are at the mercy of the other doctor to sometime this decade look over Craig's paperwork and fax our doctor back. Only then will they be able to schedule an appointment for a consultation. I think I'll retreat to my cave and send my smoke signals up telling them just what I think of their policy. Since we are still waiting for an appointment, it just may be faster than their fax system.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How right you are we are to dependant on emails, faxes, bank machines Yes we forget how to talk to one another. They do have there uses but when you can talk to someone things just seem to move better and you now who you are talking to. Keep up the spirts and you will be smarter for the knowledge as you will know how the system works.

rosemary said...

Oh my, oh my. Oh my.

Mom said...

This is ridiculous!
Can't you just call the Fresno guy and ask him to please check the papers. You need help yesterday.

rosemary said...

We went to see SICKO last night. Regardless of your political feelings you have to see this movie.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin