Wednesday, August 29, 2007

NEW BEGINNINGS


With everything that has been going on the past 6 weeks, I seemed to have let myself go. Sure, I did take the time to get my hair cut and colored, but I have neglected my body by doing way too much stress eating and not exercising. That all ended on Monday, when I put on my walking shoes and took that first step out the door for a good long walk. The solitude of being alone with myself, the steady rhythm of my feet on the pavement, and the fresh air and sunshine did this body good.
.
.
Monday was also the first day of school for children in the Central Valley. Walking by several schools and seeing the array of emotions on their faces from excitement to fear of the unknown, made me think that I too would soon be facing my own new beginning. With each day we are seeing Craig improve, and even though we realize he still has a ways to go before he is ready to drive again, I thought about what our first day back on the truck will be like. Just like those children I saw, I know it too will be filled with excitement and fear, but as we have always done, we will chart those new paths together once again, carving out yet a new beginning out on the road together.
.
Craig armed with a new Smokey and the Bandit lunch pail, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, couldn't hurt either.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

Do you think Craig will have any driving restrictions? Have any of the docs attributed the back issue with sitting long hours? No matter what your situation, you can always find the brighter side Diane. You are a marvel.

John said...

I cannot imagine not driving. I pray that this moves much quicker for the two of you and you are back on the road soon.

And where do I get a Smokey and the Bandit lunch pail.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin