Saturday, July 14, 2007

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?



You'll have to forgive me. After traveling this same route five times now over the past two weeks I'm having a hard time finding anything to write about. But then, this morning as we got onto the tollway in Chicago it was as if we were on some less traveled road in an unpopulated town. If I could pick a time to have to drive through Chicago, this would be it. Early Saturday morning, when the commuters are still asleep in their beds, awaiting their caffeine induced wake up call, long after we have already escaped the city. YIPEE! Note to self, always try to go through Chicago on a weekend morning, (as if we really have an option, but a girl can wish for these things, can't she?).



We are loaded with three boats that are headed to Virginia Beach, VA. The dealership we are delivering to is situated right on the water. We were told by another driver that there were some tight turns to get into the dealership, but we will wait and see. This so far has been a sweet drive with us only having to drive 500 miles a day to have a early Monday morning delivery. I especially like that as with Chicago today, we will be able to go through Washington DC on a weekend and not a weekday. I hope we are just as blessed tomorrow with light traffic.

I'm hoping to be routed somewhere on Monday that will take us onto some different interstates, but then I should be careful what I wish for, we may just have to go south into the intense heat. We have been lucky so far with mild weather the last couple of days, but as one of my blog friends from Maryland has told me, be prepared for the heat in the mid Atlantic region. Checking the weather website I see what she is warning us about. High humidity and high heat.......I got my baseball cap at the ready to keep my hair under control!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! (and Craig! ...although we've never met...I feel like I know you so well!)

We are gonna be heading to Chicago on August 4th and although I'm excited to see it, I'm most looking forward to venturing out and seeing Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan too. Since you've been through the area so many times, is there anything special we should go see? I love the sound of that boat trip on the lake to see the lighthouses too..any other info on that you can provide would be awesome...or even a website if they have one listed on the brochure. And hey...if you're still hanging out in the area, maybe we can meet for a quick Starbucks coffee!!! You can email me at mrs3541@aol.com whenever you have time. I would love to get more info from you! I love barns too..and taking pictures of them!

Thanks Diane!!!

XO,

Gina Hardesty

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin