Tuesday, September 18, 2012

IT FEELS LIKE FALL.....BUT ONLY IN THE MORNING

The temperatures have fallen into the high 30's and low 40's in the early morning hours, and I can sense Fall is knocking at the door.........until the afternoon hits and we creep into the 80's.  This isn't what I remember about this time of year from years gone by.  Where is my sweatshirt weather, the turn on the fireplace and get cozy weather, the go for a walk and feel the cold bite your cheeks?  I'm putting my foot down here and demanding Falls arrival, but until then, I'll head south to Walla Walla, where it is even warmer.  I should have my head examined!
The great thing about Walla Walla though, is spending time with my very best friend Cori and her family, getting the creative juices flowing, being involved in the first ever "Cottage on the Hill" sale, and then being able to pick up Craig in Spokane on my way back home.  It just doesn't get much better than that, and so I'll suffer through the heat a few more weeks until Fall makes it's official appearance.
The trees by our house are changing their leaf colors, and so I thought a change of color would do our little space good as well.  This is what our shed looked like before:
And here it is after.  I do love me my dark colors, and I think it fits in much better up here in the forest with the green, rather than the white.
I've been doing other projects around the house as well, but there are still some finishing touches I need to do before I post pictures.  But as Craig always says to me....."Are you ever done decorating?"   Well it will be pretty hard to do once I'm out on the truck.  I can hear Craig counting down the days as I type.  

2 comments:

june in florida said...

I love the green door, forest green is my favorite color.

Anonymous said...

I love the fall colors of the trees!!!!! It's beautiful up there! Safe trip and tell Cori I said Hi! Hugs to you both!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin