Monday, March 19, 2012

TIME FLIES

Wow....I can't believe over two weeks have passed since my last entry, but then Cori and I have been very busy.   From when I arrived in Walla Walla, to when I left, so very early Sunday morning, we have refurbished 2 dressers, 3 desks/vanities, two chairs, created and completed at least 6 signs, and a few other misc. projects to sell at her space at the consignment store.  We also completely organized and cleaned out their 3 car garage, managed to hit a few thrift stores and yard sales, and rearranged and placed the new items into the store.
WHEW..no wonder we were tired at night, but we also managed to get some fun squeezed in by attending and thoroughly enjoying "Rain - A Tribute to the Beatles" at the Toyota Center in Kennewick.  If you ever have the opportunity to see it while it is on tour, make it a priority.  You will not be disappointed.
As I mentioned earlier, I left very early Sunday morning, 2:30am to be exact, to drive south to California for a visit, before Craig comes back into Spokane for some home time at the end of the month.  My brother and I are still tying up loose ends with our Mother's estate, and I'll take some time to drive to San Jose for a long overdue lunch date with some of my favorite people from my working days at San Jose PD.
I'm also hoping to squeeze in a quick visit with Craig's parents in Selma.  I have a hankering to visit the Sunmaid facility to stock up on some goodies.  There is also a winery in Madera I have been wanting to visit since I first heard about it back in 2007.  I'll have to see just how much I can get accomplished and still have the energy left to drive back to Washington!
Oh and how can I forget about inadvertently putting my cell phone in the washer and not realizing it until it was lying dead and sparkling clean at the bottom of the washer when I put the clothes into the dryer.  I'm sure the look on my face was priceless.......I only wish replacing it was truly priceless.  Live and learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice looking desk and dresser.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin