Thursday, December 11, 2008

DOMESTIC GODDESS

I have finally proven there is a domestic goddess inside of me somewhere. I had promised Craig, since I was going to be at home a few days before him, that I would bake him something for a treat. Well, time slipped away, and I didn't get around to owning up to my promise until last night. I had found a recipe for a sour cream apple pie and thought that he might enjoy it, more so if someone with a lot more cooking experience baked it then me, but enjoy it none the less. The recipe seemed simple enough so I began the process.

See, I have never made a pie before, cookies are more my style, but with all the ingredients sitting out, I went about peeling, coring, and slicing the apples. Now I'm no dummy, I bought a pre-made pie crust that I could just place onto my pie plate, no need to cause even more stress than what I was feeling as I started this endeavor. The rest of the ingredients were mixed and the apples tossed in, and if I say so myself, it looked pretty good. It went from looking like this:

To this in only one hour and fifteen minutes: But the look on my husbands face as it enjoyed the pie.......................well worth the insecurities I faced as I made it. Look out Martha Stewart, there's a new domestic goddess in town.

4 comments:

John said...

It looks beautiful and I'm sure it tasted great. Sour Cream Apple is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

It looks excellent! I'm sure it took less than an hour and fifteen minutes to make it disappear. I can almost smell it from here.

Paul Nichols said...

That's a good-looking pie! Is there any left?

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful pie. Congrats!

And a recipe for the filling would be great too. Am with you on the storebought pie crusts -- think they are quite delicious.

Am a new reader and really enjoy your blog and, particularly, the photography.

Belledog

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin