Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A NEW DAY

Both Craig and I commented when we saw this view before us on Monday evening that there was something about it that was just heavenly. Flying by it at over 55MPH, I couldn't begin to get the focus or capture the true colors that were being cast upon this great mountain. We enjoyed it anyway, knowing that the sunset would give way to a new day when the sun rose again.

Feeling somewhat like a hostage, a ransom of home baked goodies was exchanged for my release into my Mother's custody. Craig, salivating at the thought of eating the bounty of which my Mother presented him, was more than happy to kiss and hug me goodbye and be on his way munching on the chewy chocolate brownies that he put up on the dash of the truck. The baked beans and macaroni salad were put away in the refrigerator for a later time. He drove off one happy truck driver, but I would like to think a few miles down the road he did miss me just a little.

He managed to get into the Company yard in Bloomington, Monday night and delivered the Tillamook Cheese this morning to CostCo in Mira Loma, CA. Since his driving hours are getting slim, he was given a load to pick up tomorrow afternoon in Walnut, CA and deliver it to Puyallup, WA, to our friendly Fred Meyer DC on Sunday morning at 3am. I will need to remind him to make sure he turns the clocks back before he leaves or he will get there way too early!

I have been making good use of my time so far in Modesto. Have finally managed to change all of our accounts to reflect our new address in Washington State, and letting the IRS know where they can find us come tax time next year. Somehow, I think they would find us even without my help! The weather is still way too warm in California and I am finding that I am wishing I was back at home in Usk with it's chilly fall weather.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Beautiful picture.

rosemary said...

It is chilly and rainy...and beautiful

Paul Nichols said...

We have seen several of those magnificent sunsets on/around/about Mt. Hood. The giddy thing about them is that the snow or clouds is reflecting the sunset which is way west of the mountain.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin