Thursday, October 16, 2008

END OF VACATION

Both Craig and I had high expectations that we would paint the office/hobby room, but gosh darn it, we just didn't get around to it. Too busy you ask? Nope.... too lazy, but then I guess that is what vacations are for. We so enjoyed just being in our little house, and enjoying the beautiful landscape around us, that we didn't do much at all.

Oh sure, Craig got reacquainted with his love of online Poker sites, and was even consistent with winning most of the tournaments he entered. I opened up an oven door for one of the first times in almost 2 years and baked Craig some cupcakes, and learned the fine art of using our new espresso machine to make all of our Starbucks favorites without leaving the house.

Yes, it was a great time away from the truck. Normally, we are ready to go back after a few days, but this time, I think both of us wouldn't have balked at staying a few days longer. But as I type this, we are back at the yard, me happily typing away on the computer, but Craig is sitting in one of the classrooms taking his yearly re certification class. Can you believe it has been one year since his return from his back injury? That time of stress and uncertainty seems like eons ago, and thankfully so.

I am proud to say that Craig and I were the first residents of Pend Oreille County to get to vote. Since our county is vote by mail only, I was hoping the ballets would have been waiting for us upon our return home. They weren't, so I called the Auditor's Office, and spoke directly to the Auditor herself, explained the situation, and she told us to come into her office on Tuesday, and that she would give us our ballets in person before they get mailed out to the rest of the residents. How's that for small town living?

While Craig is in class today, I'll be taking a drive down the road to the Wal Mart to load up the truck with our food supplies for the next couple of weeks. He shouldn't be in class too late this afternoon and I know we will both be wanting to hit the road again. Unfortunately, we will have to wait until tomorrow to get our assignment. Yes, vacation may be over, but we are just as happy to be back at work and seeing how much the landscape of our travels have changed while we have been off.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

That is one cute cupcake home.....i bet you absolutely love it.

Paul Nichols said...

Nice house. We just got back from our vacation, too, which is why I haven't left any comments here lately. Ours was just about 1 day too short. I wanted to take a lot more pictures, but alas...

I did manage to post a few on my blog. We went past Picacho Peak near Tucson. Love that mountain.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin