Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A MIXED BAG OF GOODS

Don't mind me, I'm just tidying up a bit with some odds and ends before we take some home time for a week. I'll be posting while we are off with the things we have done and places we have seen, but now back to cleaning. A woman's work is never done!

We made our two deliveries yesterday morning and as expected, was told to return to the Fred Meyer DC and drop our trailer and wait for our next dispatch. We tried to take a nap, knowing that odds were the load would be a evening one, but sleep eluded us. We took to reading and watching TV to bide the time until the dispatch finally came through. A 10pm load headed to Spokane, WA for a 6am and 7am delivery.

Our ten hour mandatory break was over with at 7pm so Craig did his usual saunter up to the office to see if the load was ready early, and it was! We hooked up and scaled and started the trek east with a stop at the TA truck stop in North Bend, WA, as the reefer fuel level was sitting at almost empty. With a power nap calling our names, we pulled into the company yard at 2am and had no difficulties finding that sleep that had so deftly eluded us earlier.

Damn, that alarm clock. Two hours flew by and just when the dream was getting really good too! Bleary eyed, we crawl out of bed and make our way into Spokane to make our two deliveries. By 9am we are done and headed back to the Company yard.

A few of you have asked me where I get some of my cartoons. If you are a daily blog reader like myself, or even if you aren't and would like to put a smile on your face, you might enjoy this site called Shoebox Blog, which is a division of Hallmark. They never fail to put a smile or at least squeeze a little chuckle out of me on a daily basis.

Lastly, I thought I would share this photo of a truck we saw heading down the freeway. This is one truck you would want to keep your distance from. Check out all the placards it has on it. As has been documented, driving truck is one of the most dangerous jobs you can have, why would you want to further complicate things?

And with that I think we will uncomplicate our life and take a week off. As of now, my professional navigator hat is off and will be occupying the passenger seat, keeping it warm until my return.

1 comment:

rosemary said...

Enjoy your down time....it is a beautiful time of year.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin