Monday, August 04, 2008

I SPY A FIRE

This afternoon, while on the phone with Craig, I hear him roll down the window and start yelling at someone saying, "Look behind you". Me, being the curious one, wanted to know what he was yelling about. He tells me that he is at the dreaded TA in Ontario, CA. Across from where he is parked is a large stack of pallets, and behind that is a grass fire, getting dangerously close to setting the pallets on fire. He was yelling at the guy in the booth, to alert him of the fire, and to call for help. My husband, Mr. Johnny on the Spot.

He dropped his french fries in Long Beach, along with 7 other drivers from our company. Seems this is a new account that TWT has acquired, and we can expect to see many more deliveries at this location. Craig is staying at the aforementioned TA in Ontario, waiting until 9am Tuesday morning to load up with dairy products which will be delivered to Prosser, WA. Yes, it does get Craig north into Washington, and here is the proverbial "but", he does not deliver until 3:30pm on Friday. It does give him a nice leisurely drive, since he had just enough hours to get into Washington by Thursday, but, by the time he does deliver, and then get into Spokane, it will be late Friday evening.

With that in mind, he has requested home time for three days so that we can get our new truck registered in Washington state on Monday. Craig was also happy to hear that there is going to be a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning that we can attend. I am left to occupy my time at our house, to which I will make good use of by testing my painting abilities by painting the bathroom. I'll make the trek into Spokane tomorrow and buy my supplies. I thought I would start with the smallest room and move onward from there. I'll be sure to post a before and after photo. If all goes as planned, we will be back together and on the road again by Tuesday, August 12th, and none too soon for me!

2 comments:

John said...

Cant wait to see more pictures of the home and the views. Good luck painting, just remember its all in the prep the rolling is the easy part.

John

Mom said...

Sounds like you are making good use of your time. I hope Craig likes the colors you pick.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin