Thursday, August 07, 2008

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

Well, it's done, as far as painting goes. I did have to go back and do some additional painting to get an even coat. I learned a lot......most of all, I learned that it goes much easier with someone helping. But with the size of the bathroom, there wouldn't have been any room for more than one person anyway. I'm glad I did it and it does give me confidence to try it again, but with a couple of more helping hands, and the painting experience of my Mom would be most beneficial.
.
There are still a few things I need to add, decorating wise, before I will consider it done, especially a little roman shade for the window. The final pictures, of course, do not show the true color, which is Northern Pear Tree. It is really a very soft mossy green, from the botanical colors from Home Depots new eco-friendly paints, hence no awful paint smell inside the house, clean up does not harm the environment, and I do my part for planet Earth. And now.......drum roll please
BEFORE

AFTER

In other news, Craig is on his last leg, headed towards Prosser, WA to drop off the dairy goods he picked up in Los Angeles. He has had an uneventful drive, albeit, for the hay truck he saw on fire on Interstate 5 near Corning, CA, which thankfully, had the southbound lanes completely closed and not the northbound lanes, which he was on. He said that he knew something was going on, when it dawned on him that he wasn't seeing any traffic going the opposite direction on the Interstate. I guess he is more observant when I am not in the truck!

We are still on track to meet up Friday evening at the Company yard in Spokane, and then start our home time. We are both looking forward to exploring our new hometown and its surrounding areas. I'll be sure to bring my camera and capture some of the sights to share with you.

3 comments:

John said...

Great Job, it looks good and the color goes well with the counter top and cabinet. Have fun with the rest of the home.

Mom said...

Looks lovely.

Jennie said...

Oh, I have bathroom envy. I have a couple that really need your loving touch. Coming east soon???

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin