Thursday, July 31, 2008

TIME

Time...how do you measure it? By minutes and hours, by days and months, or by events that happen in your life? Sometimes it goes too fast, other times way too slow, but one thing is for sure, there is no stopping it. No matter what the circumstances, the seconds continue to tick to minutes, minutes to hours, and hours to days. Some where in your busy life you stop and realize just how far you have gone and just how far you have left to go, God willing.

It dawned on me this morning that it has been 32 months since Craig started his excellent adventure, and 26 months since I had the extreme pleasure of joining him, and making it "our" ultimate road trip. A trip that we are still on, and I truly don't see signs of it stopping any time soon. Why you ask? Because it's just so much darn fun. I mean it. Like most of you, I too had my ideas of what a trucker's life would be, and I'm here to tell you, I think you would be surprised.

Since starting this blog, I have heard from and found a multitude of couples doing exactly what we are doing. Seems like half of the couples we have come in contact with, they both drive, and the other half, one drives and the other is the professional navigator, like me. It seems that they, like us, are having the time of their lives, making memories, sharing experiences and living life to the fullest. And isn't that what life is all about?

Sure, there have been some bumps along the way. We will never forget our time spent in Texas, and the time spent trying to get out of Texas, when Craig hurt his back. But we survived that to drive another day. Right now I am counting the time until I can return back to the truck and rejoin Craig. I miss my husband, I miss that truck, and I miss watching my changing view out my picture window from the passenger seat.

So as long as time keeps ticking, so will we. Not so much counting our time out on the road in minutes, hours, days, or miles, but in memories that will last an eternity. We feel so blessed!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Amen! Please stay in touch!

Paul Nichols said...

I like that phrase, "...sharing experiences..."

Mom said...

Seize the day!
You two are doing just that. We love that you are sharing your adventure with the rest of us.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin