Monday, July 28, 2008

A FAST PIT STOP

Wouldn't you know it, about 40 minutes after I left Selma, CA, Craig calls and says he has finished up in LA and had been given a dispatch to go right near where I had just left, Kingsburg, CA to pick up a load of peaches. He drove into Lebec for fuel and a shower. He also decided to treat himself to a salad bar in the restaurant. Feeling clean, refreshed and full, he stayed in Traver, CA for the night, which set him up for his 5am load appointment in Kingsburg.

Little did he know, that when he arrived at 5am, they didn't even open until 7am, and after 5 hours of detention pay, he was loaded with his peaches and headed north. With the delay in the loading and a 3am delivery time Wednesday morning in Pasco, WA at the Railex facility, he was going to be on a tight time schedule. But not so tight, that he couldn't take an off ramp in Modesto and meet up with me so that I could give him the homemade cookies his Mom had made him, and the homemade potato salad and baked beans my Mom had made him. Now, I'm thinking, boy, he sure does get spoiled when I'm not with him. First he gets the good bed, and now all these goodies. He just may not want me back on the truck with him, but he assures me that is not the case. So just like Mario Andrette coming in for a pit stop, my Mom and I watched as he pulled in behind us on the off ramp. Like the good pit crew we are, we jumped into action, handing into the cab his bags of goodies and some shorts that he had requested. A quick kiss and a hug and he was off down the freeway again, setting his sights on Redding, CA as his stop for the night. Go Mario Go !

1 comment:

Mom said...

A little spoiling is good. It makes us feel loved.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin