Friday, December 14, 2007

SOMEONE'S IDEA OF HEAVEN

This photo was taken from the driveway of the dealership where we delivered boats this morning. I know there are people out there who would say this is their idea of heaven. The perfect place to live. As I sit here still wiping the sweat from my brow and hoping that sometime in the next hour my shirt might be dry again, I say to you, you're welcome to it.

When we arrived, one of the workers asked me where we are from. Figuring there's no time like today to start getting used to saying we are from Washington State, I proudly proclaimed just that to the employee. He looked at me and said " You must love it here". I literally had to bite my lip before replying, "No, actually, I very much dislike it", as I could feel my hair start to frizz and take on a life of it's own. There was a shocked look that spread over his face, like he had never heard anyone say such nonsense. But seriously, working up a sweat before 9am is not my idea of fun, nor is the thought of the thermostat never dipping much below 70 in December. After all, it's Christmas time, doesn't Jack Frost ever nip at any one's nose in Florida?

So it was with much excitement that we received our next dispatch to head a little over 200 miles north, to Edgewater, FL, pick up three boats and head to California. Another great trip with lots of miles. Although the prospect of seeing much snow is remote, but we should have cooler, less humid weather. Craig and I couldn't be more alike, and if we can be sent to an area in the temps hovering at 36 degrees, well then, that would be our idea of heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you dont have to worry about driving in the ice and snow so that would be a big positive.

John said...

I didn't care for Florida so much cause of the humidity. I'm a dry guy, even my sense of humor.
Gotta love those miles. Maybe when my kids are grown I'll call you and get hooked up with that outfit you work with. You're life together sounds so fun.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin