Sunday, December 30, 2007

NOW THAT'S A GRILL

Out on the road all day, you have occasion to see some strange and interesting things. Most of the time the item of interest is past us before I can get my camera aimed to take a picture. Yesterday, through Atlanta, and the traveling herd of people going south for the New Year, we happened upon this:
At first I thought it was just another tanker, but then my brain registered Johnsonville Brats and reasoned they would have no need for a tanker so elaborately painted. So as we pulled up along it again, as the traffic slowed, I got this picture:

This bad boy makes his way across the United States making appearances at major events like the Superbowl, Kentucky Derby, and the Daytona 500. If you have an event with at least 25,000 people you can make a request for it to be at your festivities. But let's make one thing clear, you better have a big appetite to keep up with it. This grill can cook 2,500 brats an hour, that is if you can get the 6,000 pound lid open with it's 8 foot long handle. No worries there, they have a hydraulic lift to do that work for you. This is really the ultimate when it comes to grills, with hot and cold running water, a freezer to hold the brats, and a 4 foot walkway that attaches to the grill for the chefs to do their work. Now that's a grill !

As it passed us one more time on its way south, I wondered where it was heading as my mouth began to water for some grilled brats. After all, today is Sunday, fire up your own grill, and get ready for some football. I'll take mine with mustard and relish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it on its way to the Gator Bowl for college football New years day

John said...

Whoo Dog! I'd love to have that thing parked in my front yard.

Anonymous said...

yeah but whos going to clean the grill

Anonymous said...

WOULD BE GREAT FOR OUR PARTY TONIGHT- HAPPY NEW YEAR

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin