Thursday, June 01, 2006

HERE'S THE PLAN

Today is the official start of my retirement, and with the clearance from my doctor I am able to go out on the truck for a few months before my next checkup. As luck would have it, they did not have any loads either going to or coming from California last week. Craig left French Camp last Thursday after a bout with the flu and headed to Redding to pick up a construction steel bucket that needed to go to Idaho. After he delivered that he was sent to Spokane to pick up another Genie and transport it into Ontario, Canada. He delivered the Genie today and was given another load to go back into Canada and pick up some windshields for boats to be delivered to Little Falls, Minnesota on Monday morning.

Okay, so here is where the plotting and planning is taking place. Since he would not be in or around California for some time, we made the decision for me to fly east to meet up with him. The plan is for me to fly out of Sacramento Sunday night and arrive at 4am in Minnesota Monday morning. I will take a cab to where Craig will be waiting for me at a local truck stop.

My bag is almost packed and I'm ready to go! The next update will be from me when I'm on the truck for good! It has been what seemed like a long time coming, but in reality only 5 months since we started this plan into action. From the month long truck school, to the 6 weeks of training to where Craig was cut loose on his own. It has been an experience in which we have learned a lot. We are very much looking forward to our continued journeys on the road.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin