Saturday, August 11, 2012

OUT WITH THE OLD - IN WITH THE NEW

I know it's been awhile since I last posted.  I'm still waiting for the tomatoes to turn red, have eaten a few zucchinis, and have yet to know what to do with my peppers, but the garden isn't all that has kept me occupied over the last three weeks.
Yes, I got the decorating bug, and I don't think there is a cure for it, much to Craig's dismay.  But, paint is relatively cheap, and can transform a space like nothing else.  Besides, I'm not one for living in a house with white walls, as I need color.

With that said, I have been painting and will eventually post the finish photos after a few more projects are completed.  My goal is to have our little, tiny house done by the time I get back on the truck around the first week of December.  Yes, you read that correctly, I'll be back on the truck in 4 short months, so I need to kick it in high gear to accomplish as much as I can at home before then.
It all started with wanting to do something other than a paper shade in the bathroom.  I can tell you that my first attempt was an epic fail in my eyes.  I just didn't care for it, so went onto Plan B, but hated it so much I didn't even take a picture of it.  Then I went back to the original idea, but tweaked it a bit and liked it, but then I needed to paint.

I never really liked the green in the bathroom, so I found a wonderful neutral mocha color and went to town.  Then looking around, I continued with the entry area, up the stairs, into Craig's "man cave", (which is almost done except for hanging a couple of pictures), into the spare room upstairs, and now finally down into our bedroom. Don't tell Craig, but I just may buy another gallon and repaint the kitchen and living room too. We'll have to see how much energy I have left after the last gallon of paint is used up.
On an even more exciting note than redecorating, my Niece Stephanie and her daughter Gwen, who is 15 months old, will be flying up to visit with me for a few days starting this Thursday.  We are both very excited and I know I'll have lots of photos to share with you about their visit.  The day after they fly back home, Craig will be coming home and the big question will be, if he will even notice all the changes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin