Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SMALL CRISIS

Yes, it was a small crisis, but nothing that money can't fix. My broadband card went haywire yesterday and I couldn't connect to the Internet. GASP! Deep breath, don't panic, exhale, now I feel better. Yes, it has been over 24 hours since I have been connected to the world, but that was all changed with a stop at the local Verizon Wireless store this morning.

Thankfully, after our delivery in Vernon, CA and with no time left to go anywhere, we were able to go around the corner and find parking on the street. We stayed there until 9am Tuesday morning, when we had a dispatch to go 2 miles away and pick up almost 45,000 pounds of energy drinks. We only had 9 hours of drive time left on Tuesday, so after getting the trailer scaled, and barely squeaking under the 80,000 pound limit, we headed towards French Camp, CA and the company yard. We pulled into the yard last night at 8pm, and had exactly 45 minutes left of driving time until Thursday. Well, didn't this work out great? After a good night's sleep, my Mom came to the yard and picked us up this morning and we have spent the day relaxing, enjoying my Mom's great home cooking, and oh yeah.......getting my wireless connection problem fixed.

So we head over to the Verizon store and they say we can either call customer service and have them trouble shoot the problem and then mail out a new card, or update with a new card and after the rebate pay $20 and be back on the Internet as fast as I could install the new card. I think you know which option I went for. So I'm happy to report I'm back on line, happily typing away and enjoying the last of our little down time in Modesto. My Mom will take us back to the truck tonight. We have an early start in the morning to make Ridgefield, WA by 4am Friday morning. But I have no complaints, my small crisis has been taken care of and I'm ecstatic to be back on line once again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin