Thursday, September 04, 2008

BREATH OF FRESH AIR

I didn't make it over to the Starbucks last night. As we pulled into the truck stop in Santa Nella, CA , Sarah Palin, the Republican nominee for Vice President was just starting her speech. We turned on the the TV and sat back to watch. No matter what your party affiliation might be, you have to agree, she is a breath of fresh air from the "good old boy" politicians we normally hear. Craig and I were discussing just the other day, how much more we are informed about world events and politics, since being out on the truck and listening to talk radio and the news for most of the day. Of course we have to counter balance that with some Simpsons and Family Guy watching at night!

We left Santa Nella this morning and made it into the Company yard to fuel up, refill our water jugs, and drop off our last trip packet. Then it was off to Anderson, CA for a stop at the Wal Mart to finally refill my food pantry. It has been two weeks since our last stop for food, and I have felt like Old Mother Hubbard going to my cupboard lately. I have to tell you, the prospects of what was left, well, I'm glad we didn't have to indulge, and that they can stay in the cupboard to collect dust for another day to use in case of an emergency.

We are on somewhat of a tight schedule. We are making Rice Hill, OR our home for tonight, with an early wake up call to make it for a 7am delivery in Corvallis, OR just under 100 miles away. The trick is going to be getting into Rice Hill within our 14 hour limit, but early enough to be able to leave early enough in the morning to make our delivery appointment. Thank goodness for those math classes in school, with trying to figure out miles per hour, distance, delivery time, and then doing the calculations. Since Craig has the love of numbers, I leave most of that to him, except for throwing in the "what if" scenarios. With any luck, we'll have clear sailing tomorrow for our three deliveries.

1 comment:

rosemary said...

I have to be honest....I am totally sick of politics fresh breath or not. I will be glad when this election, the back stabbing, lies and empty promises is done. I'm voting for Maxine.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin