Wednesday, September 19, 2007

SEVEN DAYS AND COUNTING

We met with Craig's primary doctor this morning. It was good to see first, the reaction from the nurse when she saw Craig, and then from the doctor, to put in perspective just how far he has come from when we were seen by them back on July 30th. Just when we thought we were making no progress, they come along and tell us just how far we have come in those 8 weeks.

Even though Craig still experiences pain throughout the day, he no longer takes any pain medication. He only uses the cane now, and it's more for balance when going up or down stairs or getting up from a chair, and he is back to sleeping in a bed, no more recliners! WHEW...... he has progressed, and now in seven days he has the epidural shot. After talking with the doctor about the shot and the limits of his mobility right now, we are very hopeful that we have just this one last hurdle to get over. Now, if only I could do something to alleviate my anxiety over my dentist appointment tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking several strong drinks BEFORE you go to the dentist? I would offer to go along and hold your hand, but I am thinking I might lose use of the hand.

Opie

rosemary said...

Hum, back pain, dentist, back pain, dentist....I don't like either choice!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin