Thursday, September 06, 2007

THE ROAD TO RECOVERY......

They say the road to recovery begins with that first step. It often seemed that there were obstacles placed in front of us to keep us from ever taking that elusive step, but once Craig did, it seems like there is no stopping him. Since starting physical therapy he has gone from the wheelchair, to the walker, to now the cane. He is even taking several steps without the cane. We are both very hopeful that within a couple of weeks the possibility of returning to work will be within our grasp.
We have scheduled an appointment with his primary doctor a week before the epidural. We are so encouraged by his progress that we are hoping to be able to cancel the epidural......yes, I know how hard we worked to get it.......but I am more than happy to be able to cancel it and make someone elses day by being able to use our appointment time. Our vision is to be back in the truck by the first two weeks of October. Time and Craig's determination will tell if we will reach our goal.

I never thought I would miss the vagabond lifestyle we had as much as I did. I always knew I would miss taking photos and writing about our adventures and being able to share them all with you, the readers of this blog. I am forever grateful for the support and words of encouragement that have been sent our way. I am looking forward to once again viewing life from the passenger seat and taking you along for the ride.

3 comments:

rosemary said...

Do what the doctor says....epidural yes...do it...no...OK. I would hope Craig will refrain from helping when he shouldn't be and stick to driving...right?

Anonymous said...

Been away for awhile working the Tar sands of Northern Alberta. Glad to see that things are on the mend. Just take your time and you will be back just dont over do it.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, What a journey, Glad to hear the positive stuff for a change.

As for the epidermal......I really don't see what the big deal is???
Craig has been numb from the waist up for as long as I've known him. Maybe this will even things out??

Can't wait to see you when you come to town and visit the Nor-Cal crew. Take care.

Tommy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin