Sunday, April 08, 2007

EASTER AND THANKFULNESS

I don't know what happened, but somewhere between my rantings of the warm weather we were experiencing, it turn downright cold. During the night, the wind was gusting and it started to rain. As we started out this morning it even snowed. Now, I'm not complaining, in fact, I am very happy.

But while driving and looking out my window, it occurred to me, Texas wasn't brown, but green. I don't remember last year ever seeing anything green, especially on this particular route. Yesterday, leaving Pharr, quite to my surprise and enjoyment, along side the roadway and in the median, wild flowers, purple, orange, and yellow. This was a side of Texas I had not seen before. Unfortunately, it will not last long and then I'll be back to seeing brown again, but at least on this Easter weekend, I had the pleasure of seeing a Texas Spring and for that I am thankful.

I'm especially thankful for the life we now have. Both of us couldn't be more happier to have the opportunity to have new experiences and spend quality time together. I'm thankful for our families and friends for the support they have given us on our journeys. Thankful for our health, albeit, with a stop for some dental work, and most of all, that we have been kept safe on the many roads we have traversed over this great land of ours.

Which leads me to mention the rain, then hail that came down upon us. The CB chatter get busier as we heard about trucks being jack knifed and cars off the side of the road. We heard some very excited voices saying a car had just gone off a bridge about 1/4 mile ahead of us. As we approached the area we slowed down so we could stop and render assistance. It turned out to be a K9 Sheriff Officer who had lost traction on the bridge due to the ice. Craig jumped out to check on him and found both the officer and the dog to be okay. The car was another matter, but with tow truck enroute, we were on our way again. Further down the road we came upon the jack knifed tanker with traffic backed up at least a couple of miles, and us thankful that we were going in the opposite direction.




Yes, we have much to be thankful for this Easter weekend, and in retrospect, maybe that warm, sunny weather wouldn't be so bad after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy easter to you both, Glad to see Craig's SAR has been handy to have. Good job Craig.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin